Estate Planning, Trusts, Probate



When a close family member or friend becomes incapacitated and they have not provided for an agent to make medical and financial decisions for them, it may be necessary to have an individual or professional fiduciary appointed as Conservator of the person and/or estate of the incapacitated person. The Conservator of the person makes the medical decisions, and the Conservator of the estate makes the financial decisions.

Jakle, Alexander & Patton, LLP assists in preparing and filing the Court petition for appointment of the Conservator and represent the proposed Conservator at the Court hearing. Once appointed, Jakle, Alexander & Patton, LLP advises the Conservator in locating and managing assets, providing for the needs of the incapacitated person and accounting to the Court for all income and expenditures. Conservatorships are closely supervised by the Court. Jakle, Alexander & Patton, LLP advises Conservators of their duties and reporting responsibilities and represents Conservators before the Court. 

If you are dealing with incapacity issues of a family member or friend, CONTACT US TODAY for an initial consultation.